Procedure for Reserving Space at Sankofa UCC:
Anyone can reserve the space in the church?
- Complete the space request form (electronic)
- Wait for approval – approval will include the time, space and who will open/close the church for the event
- Copies of approvals go to requester, ministry chair person, and those with keys
What information is needed when requesting space?
- Email address
- Name of meeting
- Time of event (beginning and end)
- Is this a recurring event? If so, please describe
- How many people will attend?
- Where in the church do you plan to meet?
- Name of Requester
- Requester contact information?
- Ministry the event is for?
- Will you be bringing food?
- Other instructions/requests?
When space is requested?
- Event is approved by Connie, Pastor copied on all requests and approvals. The assumption will be that it is generally approved, but the process ensures smooth scheduling and communication
- Those who have keys are notified of events to coordinate who opens and closes the building
- Connie will send a weekly calendar or text to those with keys as a reminder of what is needed during the week and who has agreed to providing access to the church
- Connie will notify the requestor of the approval and coordinate times to be able to get the church open
- Connie will add the information on the church calendar once approved
- We request that everyone always use the form. We do not have any major conflicts now, but as we grow there will be numerous requests and to be fair a time stamp is included when the form is completed.
- As a courtesy to the team providing access to the building, those who are requesting space should do so with at least a 7-day advanced notice. Sometimes this is not always possible but prayerfully it will become the norm
- We will aim for 24-hour turnaround to the requester that the space has been approved and who will handle the access to the church.